Join the Dempsey & Siders Insurance Agency team.
We have an opening for a Commercial Lines – Associate Account Representative.
Commercial Lines – Associate Account Representative
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Builds relationships and favorable contacts with current Commercial Line accounts.
- Develops skills and actively seeks information to understand client’s circumstances, problems, expectations and needs for the purpose of ensuring the client is provided the appropriate coverages, the correct quotes and placement with the appropriate insurer, as well as resolving client inquiries/issues. Shares and/or conveys information to clients, regarding their coverages/policies maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
- Learns to interact with customers to provide information in response to routine inquiries (telephone, email, mail, etc.) about products or services. Refers non-routine/more complex issues to more experienced staff.
- Reviews coverage documents to verify documents contain all coverage, along with any riders or exclusions expected within and/or attached to the documents.
- Assists in processing renewals in coordination with Producers.
- Gathers and reviews renewal information.
- Provides Producer with quote information as requested.
- Requests updated applications and/or information from client as needed.
- Becomes familiar with and utilizes computerized systems for tracking, documenting questions/responses, information gathering and/or troubleshooting.
- Resolves basic and routine administration and/or policy issues/problems involving the Producer as needed.
- Services small accounts and /or those accounts having the least complex needs.
- Becomes familiar with policies and procedures, as well as the business and organization. Complies with company and regulatory guidelines.
- Develops in-depth product and industry knowledge and knowledge of the customers’ business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 0 to 3 years of experience. Licensure required within 6 months of placement. Beginning coursework toward insurance certification preferred; appropriate certifications could include Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), Certified Insurance Service Representatives (CISR) or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU).
Scope of Job: Performs work under close supervision. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Develops working knowledge of company products and/or services and business systems used to perform job functions. Works on assignments of lower complexity.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires continuous use of computer.
- May lift, carry, push, or pull objects up to 10 lbs.
- Requires regular and predictable attendance.
We are passionate about serving our clients, developing our professionals and giving back to our communities. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, we are interested in hearing from you.